Gifts Anyone Can Afford
Did you know there are ways to support that don't affect your current lifestyle or your family's financial security?
- You can make a gift that costs you nothing during your lifetime.
- You can make a gift that leaves your cash flow and current financial planning unchanged.
- You don't have to use cash to make your gift: you can "buy low and give high" by making your gift with appreciated securities instead.
- You can gift an asset you no longer need or want.
Gifts Through Your Will
Support WVU, 4-H, Potomac State, WVU-Tech, or MAC without affecting your cash flow during your lifetime. (Sample Bequest Language)
The IRS allows its most significant tax breaks for gifts of appreciated securities.
- New or Existing Policy - You can fund a future gift for us and deduct premium payments.
- Paid-Up Policy - Give us a policy whose coverage you no longer need.
- Gift-Replacement - Create a life-income gift for yourself; create an irrevocable insurance trust to restore the value of your gift to benefit your heirs.
Support WVU by transferring an interest in a real estate or oil-and-gas partnership.
Donate books, artwork, or equipment and secure an income tax deduction.
Make a substantial gift to support WVU through a transfer of residential, commercial, or undeveloped real estate.
Retained Life Estate
Receive a large deduction by donating a residence while retaining the right to live there for life.
The balance of your retirement plan may be worth more when donated to the WVU
Foundation than to your heirs.